People with COVID-19 report a wide range of symptoms that range from mild to severe. Some symptoms include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, new loss of taste or smell and more. Learn more about COVID-19 symptoms, check symptoms with a self-checker, learn what to do if you are sick, the differences between COVID-19 and the flu, and more.
Do you need to get tested for COVID-19?
Search for a location that offers no-cost COVID-19 testing: https://testinglocator.cdc.gov/
Visit the Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS’s) Community-Based Testing Sites for COVID-19 website to find out about other community-based testing sites for COVID-19.
You can also contact your local clinic to see if they are offering testing or can connect you with a testing center near you.
Find a FREE COVID-19 vaccine near you.
- Visit www.vaccines.gov
- COVID‑19 Vaccine Hotline – Help is available in English, Spanish, and many other languages. Call 1-800-232-0233
- Disability Information and Access Line (DIAL) – COVID‑19 vaccination support for people with disabilities. Call 1-888-677-1199
Have questions about the COVID-19 vaccines or know someone who does?
Learn more about COVID-19 Vaccines by visiting our Guide…
NAFC COVID-19 Response
Since the start of the pandemic, the NAFC has been working hard to provide Free and Charitable Clinics and Pharmacies with access to resources, funding and updated information to support their important work as well as telling their story to policymakers, press and the general public.
Resources for Clinics and Healthcare Workers
- CDC Resources for Healthcare Workers
- CDC Communication Resources for COVID-19 Vaccines
- Health Department Directories – Links to health departments in all 50 states, 8 US territories and freely associated states, and the District of Columbia.
- AMA Quick Guide to Telemedicine in Practice
- Community Health Literacy Project – This project created and translated accessible health and COVID-19 information into 30+ different languages.
- CDP Disaster Philanthropy Playbook – Mental Health, Grief and Bereavement
NAFC members – to learn more about the various NAFC partners that can help with a wide variety of assistance including discounted and donated products and services, telehealth and telemedicine, technology, medication access and more, please login to the Members Portal.
For the most up-to-date status of COVID-19 and available information and resources, please visit: www.coronavirus.gov
For the latest information on COVID-19 Treatments for both patients and healthcare providers, please visit: https://aspr.hhs.gov/COVID-19/treatments/Pages/default.aspx