Website Virginia Telemental Health Initiative
Hours: 30 hours per week
Compensation: $50,000-60,000 (dependent upon employee vs contractor designation and experience)
The Virginia Telemental Health Initiative’s (VTMHI) Health Information Technology Manager is a key member of the clinic’s operational team. Charged with organizing, overseeing and protecting patient health information and associated data for a first-of-its-kind virtual mental health free clinic, the Health Information Technology Manager will utilize expertise in electronic health record, telehealth, and other virtual technology enhancements to equip a network of volunteer mental health professionals who provide pro bono telemental health services statewide.
Responsibilities and Duties
The primary responsibility of the Health Information Technology Manager is supporting the implementation and operations of VTMHI’s clinical documentation and information sharing systems, including the clinic’s electronic health record (EHR) and telehealth platforms. This role is an essential link between our operational and clinical teams, supporting the seamless and secure flow of information and virtual services to the patients of referring free and charitable clinics. This position operates with a lens of supporting our end-users – the volunteers, referring free and charitable clinics, and our patients – and maintains the quality, accuracy, accessibility, and security of patient and provider information.
- Collaborates with VTMHI leadership to operationalize technology platforms that support both patient care and clinical supervision of pre-licensed mental health professionals.
- Serves as team project manager for selection of and implementation of technology systems, to include the clinic’s EHR, telehealth platform, referral management and volunteer credentialing.
- Supports virtual delivery of care as well as patient administration (eligibility verification, registration, scheduling) and patient and provider collaboration (telehealth access, secure communications).
- Serves as an internal specialist and trainer on health information, such as record storage and retrieval, record retention, workflow, authentication and documentation standardization.
- Manages and serves as point of contact for product troubleshooting and upgrades.
- Documents workflows and develops related provider and staff training materials.
- Collaborates with the VTMHI team on technology onboarding/offboarding and training of staff and providers.
- Supports metric development and data collection/analysis for reporting and quality assurance purposes.
- Develops, maintains and communicates relevant compliance plans, and supports internal compliance training.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Periodically evaluates and reports on the effectiveness of compliance, record management procedures and processes across the organization.
- Identifies complementary health information needs and solutions that support VTMHI strategic objectives.
- Incorporates data and quality monitoring to evaluate clinical programs, and implement changes to improve patient health outcomes.
- Develops and supports policies and practices that are compliant with state and federal requirements, including HIPAA.
- At least 3+ years of demonstrated clinical and EHR experience required; telehealth experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred; Certification in Records Management (CRM), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred.
- Able to work independently – within a team environment – and in concert with role and organizational goals and strategies.
- Excellent communication skills with patients, staff, health care providers, and organizational partners (including vendors).
- Highly organized and detail oriented. Strong project management and customer service skills.
- Familiarity with free and charitable clinics and/or the medically underserved a plus.
- Email a Resume and Cover Letter with the subject line “VTMHI Health Information Technology Manager” to Tom Anesta, Operations Manager at email@example.com.
- This is a fully remote position but applicants must reside in Virginia to be considered.
The Virginia Telemental Health Initiative (VTMHI) is a pilot program that aims to expand access to timely and appropriate telemental health services to Virginians with lower incomes, who are medically underserved and who are un- or under-insured by collaborating with behavioral and mental health professionals in the process of meeting their licensure requirements. Through education and support to providers, free clinics and stakeholders, VTMHI will enhance access to mental health care for those who need it, while also bolstering the Commonwealth’s telemental health workforce.
To help accelerate licensure, VTMHI will match pre-licensed behavioral and mental health professionals with clinical supervisors to achieve needed client contact hours while providing pro-bono support in free and charitable clinics – a win-win-win for patients, providers-in-training and clinics! In addition, a robust curriculum of training and educational resources regarding telehealth will be available at no cost to help prepare Virginia’s future providers to be best equipped to serve the needs of Virginians. VTMHI is a program of the Virginia Telehealth Network (www.ehealthvirginia.org). More information about this pilot can be found at www.virginiatelementalhealth.org. If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please email VTMHI staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com