Website Americares Free Clinics
ABOUT AMERICARES FREE CLINICS:
The mission of the Americares Free Clinics is to provide quality health care to low-income, uninsured patients in a setting where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. Americares opened its first clinic in 1994 to expand access to care for the working poor. For more than 25 years, our program has grown to become the largest free clinic network in the state with four locations serving 1,900 patients annually. Today, our clinics in Bridgeport, Danbury, Norwalk and Stamford are the primary source of free medical care for the uninsured in Fairfield County.
Under the administrative supervision of the Clinic Director, and working with a team of medical providers, the PCP will deliver quality medical care to a predominantly Spanish speaking population. Our target population is adults most of which have chronic diseases requiring careful follow up, preventive care and expertise in pharmacological interventions, patient motivation and resource utilization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform professional medical services in the examination, diagnosis, care and treatment of physically ill patients, within the limits of experience and professional training. Provide appropriate patient instruction and/or consultation with family or significant other, as needed.
- Use of Athena Electronic Health Record for record examination, diagnosis and treatment notes, meeting all record documentation requirements. Provide clear orders, and be available to nursing staff for direction, support, and clarification of the medical plan of care.
- Appropriately utilize diagnostic and laboratory services as required for quality care; identify those patients beyond our scope of care; make patient referrals to appropriate specialty services and provide continuity and completeness of medical care using accepted medical standards of care
- Determine patient medication needs, and order from sample stock, pharmaceutical companies’ Patient Assistance Program (PAP) and/or the Clinic formulary, prescribing generic drugs whenever therapeutically appropriate.
- Provide care to patient according to primary medical home model including following preventative care guidelines and participating in quality improvement activities.
- Review laboratory and diagnostic test results and determine appropriate course of action.
- Serve as a consultant with regard to decisions pertaining to medical policy and patient care, and resolution of medical staff conflict and performance standards.
- Model exemplary professional behavior in a team building atmosphere respecting the roles and responsibilities of entire team
- Deliver patient care in accordance with universal precautions and infection control principles
- Acknowledge that AFC maintains a policy and procedure manual at all locations and agree to follow the policies and procedures set forth within the manual.
- Maintain patient confidentiality
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work in a manner that is within the framework of Americares values being Collaborative…Accountable…Responsive…Effective (CARE)
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine, osteopathy, or adult/family nurse practitioner program
- Current Connecticut license in good standing, and DEA certificate, if available
- Board-certified in family practice, internal medicine, or adult medicine.
- Successful completion of AFC’s Credentialing Process
- Clinical experience within last two years with two years of full-time experience with adults with chronic disease
- Familiarity with an Electronic Health Record (Athena a plus) or the ability to learn the
- Athena Electronic Health Record
- Ability to work with diverse populations and age groups
- A passion to help the underserved with compassion and understanding of the challenges they face
- Ability to work as an effective member of a dedicated team of volunteers and staff
- Sound understanding of and commitment to AFC mission and philosophy
- Fluency in Spanish a requirement.
To apply for this job please visit americares.csod.com.