Website Americares Free Clinics
ABOUT AMERICARES FREE CLINICS PROGRAM:
The mission of the Americares Free Clinics is to provide quality health care to low-income, uninsured patients in a setting where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. Americares opened its first clinic in 1994 to expand access to care for the working poor. Over the years, our program has grown to become the largest free clinic network in the state with four locations serving 2,000 patients annually. Today, our clinics in Bridgeport, Danbury, Norwalk and Stamford are the primary source of free medical care for the uninsured in Fairfield County.
The Nurse Manager, Staff Development and Special Projects is responsible for staff development, orientation, and training programs. In addition, he/she/they will be responsible for special projects such as ongoing COVID needs and direct oversight of the Wellness Center and health coaching program. The Nurse Manager will also assist with staff recruitment and onboarding and support clinics with help as needed. He/she/they will foster community partnerships at all four clinic sites in association with developing the wellness program. As a member of the leadership team, the manager will assist the Executive Director in analyzing current clinic services, monitoring quality improvement programs and will participate with team in creating and implementing the clinic expansion plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Orientation of new clinical staff at all four clinic sites.
- Ongoing staff development such as maintaining CPR certification, organizing content for medical staff meetings and other educational opportunities
- Assess needs for staff education and plan training to meet needs
- Develop and carry out Clinical Competency training/checkoff for all clinic staff and annual updates on skills competencies
Health Coaching – Wellness Center Oversight:
- Manage Wellness Center coordinator as center develops into virtual hub for patient learning incorporating quality measures and new community partnerships
- Provide oversight for health coaches working directly on site for individual and classroom patient interactions collecting data to document outcomes
- Work with clinic directors to identify staffing needs
- Stay current on available pharmaceuticals and advise clinic staff of same
- Work with team to develop and implement systems to monitor outcomes and program success
- Evaluate and provide guidance if internship opportunities are pursued
- Understand all clinical roles and operations of clinics to assist as needed
- Assist in quality improvement program and utilizing electronic health record to optimize quality measures
- Acknowledge that AFC maintains a policy and procedure manual at all locations and agree to follow the policies and procedures set forth within the manual.
- Perform other duties and special projects as may be requested
- Registered Nurse with bachelor’s degree and at least 3-5 years of related work experience in
- Health care administration and/or management
- Clinical skills in care of outpatient adult patients
- Graduate degree in related field preferred (MSN, MBA, MPH, DNP)
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills with ability to work well in all Microsoft Office applications and experience with electronic health records and implementation.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Exhibit qualities of Emotional Intelligence.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Team orientation; balanced focus on personal accountability and team goals
- High energy; mature temperament.
To apply for this job please visit americares.csod.com.