Website The Community Free Clinic
The Community Free Clinic of Cabarrus County, located in Concord, NC, has been meeting the healthcare needs of Cabarrus County’s most vulnerable population for over 27 years. The clinic provides quality medical care, emergency dental care, prescription medications, counseling, and health education to low-income Cabarrus County residents by removing the barriers of limited resources and lack of health insurance. With a mission to help Cabarrus County adults move toward wellness by providing comprehensive healthcare and pharmacy services, the clinic operates thanks to generous contributions from donors, sponsors, and volunteer staff, in addition to paid staff, allowing them to continue serving the community.
For more information, please visit communityfreeclinic.org.
This position reports to a Board of Directors and leads a team of 12.
In conjunction with the Board, this individual will plan and administer a program that provides quality medical care and related services to low-income Cabarrus County residents.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Supervise and coordinate all services, programs, and office procedures.
- Work with the Board to ensure creation and implementation of policies that will create a financially sound and sustainable clinic.
- Institute and maintain proper and appropriate management controls across all areas of the business.
- Manage all aspects of financial activities including budgets, audits, fundraising, grant
proposals, etc.; ensure legal obligations of the clinic are met.
- Perform all duties regarding personnel including, but not limited to, hiring, training,
staffing, and performance management; communicate regularly with the team on the
state of the business, including opportunities and concerns.
- Improve awareness of the clinic and provided services throughout the targeted
- Establish and/or grow strong community partnerships with Atrium Health Cabarrus,
Cabarrus Health Alliance, and other local health and human services agencies.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and quality public communications via newsletter, newspaper, radio, and television.
- Participate in community planning for the clinic’s target population group through membership in professional organizations, interagency committees, and state or national councils; keep abreast of relevant legislative developments on the federal, state, and local levels; assist in promoting appropriate legislative action.
- Three+ years of experience in executive leadership, preferably in healthcare; experience in front-line patient care is a plus.
- Strong passion for, and dedication to, the clinic’s mission.
- Knowledge and demonstrated prior experience in resource development and
maintenance, agency and program planning, and governmental relations.
- Ability to develop and steward relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong financial acumen; financial experience in healthcare and a government/county
agency is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability in strategic planning and risk mitigation; strong aptitude for metrics, reporting, and accountability.
- Experience and knowledge of managing external systems (i.e., systems integrated with
government, hospitals, etc.).
- Exemplary communication skills – written, verbal, and listening – to effectively represent The Community Free Clinic.
- Ethics above reproach with a strong moral compass.
- Bachelor’s degree in a job-related concentration; master’s degree in business, public, or
healthcare administration is preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for this job please visit communityfreeclinic.org.