Website Trinity Health Center
If you have a passion for helping others, Trinity Health Center in Horn Lake, MS has multiple job openings right now! Send your resume to email@example.com to be a part of inspiring hope and healing by providing high quality, faith-based primary healthcare.
Certified Medical Assistant
Trinity Health Center is offering a unique opportunity to a Medical Assistant who can cross train to perform administrative and clinical duties. Aid the clinic staff with patient exams and maintain an efficient flow of patients through the clinic. Provide confidential health care to patients by preparing intake of patients, making appointments, filing completed lab and medical record paperwork and preparing exam rooms.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Graduate of a Certified Medical Assistant program with 2 years experience or comparable experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Phlebotomy experience
- Greets patients as they arrive and provides appropriate assistance.
- Schedule and reschedule patients’ appointments.
- Answer the telephone, direct calls, and messages to appropriate staff.
- Ensure to update patients’ demographics, emergency contact and insurance information in the database.
- Schedule outpatient procedures, such as diagnostic tests or surgical procedures, as directed by staff.
- Call patients and remind them of their scheduled appointments.
- Effectively communicates in writing and orally with patients, families, and staff.
- Manage inventory of office supplies, medical supplies, and forms for the clinic. All orders must be approved by the Executive Director.
- Responsible for making sure the front of the clinic, including waiting area and exam rooms are clean each day.
- Perform other job functions as assigned.
- Intake process of patients including medical history, take and record patients’ vital signs to be recorded accurately in chart.
- Explains treatment procedures, labs and tests to patients as directed by the physician or nurse practitioner.
- Sets-up exam rooms and stock rooms with supplies and clinic forms daily.
- Prepares patient for exam and assists the physician or nurse practitioner during the exam as needed.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens, performs basic lab tests including drawing blood.
- Uploads all labs and outside reports into the patients’ charts.
- Instructs patients about medication, special diets and health education as directed by the physician or nurse practitioner.
- Administers oral medications, IM injections per provider’s/doctor’s order
- Performs other job functions as assigned.
- Annual TB Skin Test, Flu Vaccine. TDAP as required.
- Potential exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to hazardous or poisonous materials.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position include medium work – exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs. of force frequently.
- Must have close visual acuity including color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, or extensive reading.
- Ability to perform repetitive hand and wrist motion as well as using hands for gripping and squeezing; ability to use hands and feet together for repetitive, coordinated motions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org