Job Title: Medical Director
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The VMSN Medical Director manages the medical practice of both the Paradise Park and Ruffin Family clinics. The Medical Director provides, supervises, assesses and assures the delivery of quality medical care to VMSN’s patients and effectively carries out the mission and vision of VMSN.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervision of VMSN volunteer physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners in the delivery of quality medical care during all hours the clinics are open.
- Direct care of VMSN patients (20 hours per week).
- Ensure all state, federal, local, OSHA, CLIA and other regulatory guidelines are adhered to.
- Assess and assure the quality and scope of medical services offered by the Clinics, including the integration of patient health education programs for quality care.
- Assess and report on Quality Assurance/Risk Assessment and Peer Review documentation per federal guidelines for malpractice coverage.
- Attend board and committee meetings, including, but not limited to, the Health Care Executive Committee, Pharmaceuticals and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee, Credentialing Committee, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of patients and VMSN records.
- Supervise Educational Partnerships with local colleges and universities, including directly supervising all residents as well and physician assistant students, medical students and nursing practitioner students as necessary.
- Assist Volunteer and Human Resources Director in recruitment of volunteer physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and ancillary medical volunteers.
- Serve as ambassador of VMSN by attending relevant functions and speaking engagements.
- Utilize electronic medical records to oversee the review of all incoming medical records, lab results and radiology results and incoming clinical correspondence.
- Develop, implement, refine and oversee clinical programs to assure quality care of our patients.
- Assist Philanthropy Director in grant proposals as well as clinical reporting required by grants.
- Assist Philanthropy Director in community outreach programs.
- Communicate effectively with other staff members and volunteers.
- Build rapport with patients/families.
- Actively promote VMSN in the community and assist with philanthropy efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited allopathic or osteopathic medical school required.
- Board-certified in field, preferably internal medicine or family practice.
- Must possess an unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Nevada.
- Experience in clinical medical practice, preferably outpatient primary care medicine.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and strong written communications skills are required.
Physical & Mental Demands and Working Conditions: Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must frequently move about inside the office to meet with patients and access medical equipment, etc.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 25% of time.
- Frequently communicates with co-workers and patients/clients in person, by email, through the electronic medical records and over the telephone to answer questions and provide assistance.
- Must be able to articulate concepts and ideas in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Must have the ability to assess problems and provide solutions and use good judgment.
- Occasionally will need to reach with hands and arms, lift up to 25 pounds, climb/balance, stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl and push/pull file cabinet drawers.
- Must be able to identify and assess information on computer screens and written reports and documentation and record accurate written and electronic messages and reports.
- Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols and eye/hand coordination.
- Position requires occasional (10%) travel within the local area, traveling to office and business locations to conduct business transactions. This involves exposure to weather conditions, traveling distances to and from buildings, and operating a vehicle.
If interested in applying for this position, please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume/CV to email@example.com.
For more information about VMSN, please visit www.vmsn.org