Malta House of Care, Inc. is an independent non-profit that has been providing comprehensive, compassionate, free primary health care to thousands of uninsured adults in Greater Hartford since 2006. A corps of about 40 medical volunteers complements the work of a small paid staff. Funded 100% by philanthropy, Malta has provided more than 60,000 free patient visits since its founding.
Malta House seeks a Medical Director to manage the medical practice of the Malta House of Care Clinic. The Medical Director provides, supervises, assesses, and assures the delivery of quality medical care to uninsured patients and effectively carries out Malta’s mission and vision. This is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to the Executive Director of Malta House of Care, Inc.
- Supervision of medical staff and volunteer physicians, PAs, and APRNs in the delivery of quality medical care.
- Direct care of patients
- Assist in recruitment of volunteer physicians, PAs, APRNs, and ancillary medical volunteers
- Ensure compliance with state, federal, local, OSHA, CLIA, and other regulatory guidelines
- Supervise and nurture educational partnerships, including direct supervision of residents, PA
- students, medical students, and student nurse practitioners
- Support creation of grant applications by collaborating with Executive Director and providing
- clinical data and other information
- Produce monthly report to Medical Oversight Committee of Malta House of Care Board
- Produce report for and attend quarterly meetings of Malta Board of Directors
- Serve as active ambassador of the Malta House of Care in the community
- Passion for Malta’s mission
- Upbeat, resourceful, positive; a can-do spirit
- Experience in clinical medical practice
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Extraordinary judgment and creative critical thinking
- Graduate of an accredited allopathic or osteopathic medical school
- Board certified in internal medicine or family practice
- Active CT state medical license
- Strong proficiency in EMR and other technology