MATTHEW 25 HEALTH AND DENTAL CLINIC
Full Time Medical DirectorMatthew 25 is inspired by the Gospel to provide free primary healthcare services to uninsured, low-income residents in Northeast Indiana and Northwest Ohio. We are the only full-time clinic in Allen County offering medical, dental, and prescription services at no cost to patients. Matthew 25 has been a vital impact in our community since May 1, 1976. We are a volunteer-driven health practice that has over 500 volunteers including physicians, dentists, nurses, front desk personnel, hygienists, and medication processors. The clinic receives no governmental monies and is funded entirely by gifts from individuals, churches, organizations, and corporations, as well as grants from foundations.
We have an immediate opening for Medical Director:· Board Certified in Family Medicine · Current MD or DO license to practice medicine in IN · Full time position (40+ hours per week) · Staff of two NP's, three RN's and one CMA, additionally numerous volunteers ranging from MD's to CMA's · Medical clinic has approximately 29,000 patient visits per year · Position offers medical and dental coverage · 4 weeks of paid vacation and the clinic is closed for approximately two weeks over the Christmas holiday
Interested? Submit your CV to Samantha Glover at email@example.com
Our Mission: We are inspired by the Gospel to provide free primary healthcare services to uninsured, low-income residents in Northeast Indiana and Northwest Ohio.
Matthew 25 is the only full-time clinic in Allen County offering medical, dental, and prescription services at no cost to patients. Matthew 25 is a volunteer-driven health practice that has over 500 volunteers including physicians, dentists, nurses, front desk personnel, phone operators, hygienists, and patient assistance processors. There are 32 staff members.
Matthew 25 receives no governmental monies and depends entirely on gifts from individuals, churches, organizations, and corporations, as well as grants from foundations.
We have a need for a Full-time Medical Director to provide professional care services to underserved, uninsured adults (18+). This physician will coordinate and oversee the medical health services of Matthew 25.
- Practices patient care in the clinic.
- Utilizes electronic medical records to oversee and review all incoming lab results and radiology results in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Establishes treatment guidelines to make efficient use of resources and provides reasonable standard of care, obtaining the recommendations and approval of the Medical Advisory Board.
- Oversees the required reporting of infectious disease.
- Maintains a library of current Medical reference materials.
- Helps establish guidelines for scheduling and programming of specialty clinics.
- Conducts regular meetings with allied health staff.
- Oversees the flow of patients through the clinic to diminish wait times and maximize educational opportunities for patients.
- Signs collaborative agreements for the staff Nurse Practitioners and fulfill its terms.
- Approves and precepts rotations for allied health staff students, medical students and residents at Matthew 25.
- Reviews and confirms the credentials of all physician and other allied health staff volunteers in collaboration with the Medical Advisory Board.
- Coordinates with the Dental Clinic staff to ensure seamless transition of clinical care.
- Supervises volunteer physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners in the delivery of quality medical care during all hours the clinics are open.
- Fulfills other duties as assigned.
Medication Room Responsibilities:
- Oversees the organization of sample drugs donated.
- Sees that statistics are kept for accounting purposes.
- Helps to establish and maintain medication spending budget.
- Oversees medications ordered from Patient Assistance Program.
- Develops medication room policies and protocols.
- Conducts regular medication room staff meetings.
- Facilitates the development of pharmacy student rotations, assisting them in meeting the objectives of their rotations.
- Conducts performance evaluations of all medical staff.
- Ensures all state, federal, local, OSHA, CLIA and other regulatory guidelines are adhered to.
- Coordinates with the CEO and Director of Operations on issues of personnel management and administration.
- Coordinates with the CEO and Director of Operations to ensure all regulatory and insurance requirements are met.
- Coordinates with the CEO and Director of Operations to establish policies and procedures to meet the mission of the organization.
- Participates in the Medical Advisory Committee to provide a forum for soliciting comment and advice regarding clinical protocols, policies & procedures, composition of the drug formulary, and other medical matters.
- Submits names of Medical Advisory Committee members for approval by Board of Directors on an annual basis. The membership shall consist of physicians and allied health staff as needed.
- Brings recommendations for new policies and procedures to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Attends Board of Director meetings as an ad hoc non-voting member when requested.
- Recruits with the help of the volunteer coordinator qualified medical provider volunteers as needed to carry out the mission.
- Develop and maintain records regarding patient diagnosis and numbers seen in various clinics, utilizing the information system.
- Current licensure as MD/DO to practice in Indiana
- Current DEA certification
- Proven experience as physician
- In depth knowledge medical terminology and equipment and health care laws
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Effective communication with staff
- Good bedside manners and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient with computers
- Experience with EMRs
- Have a heart for working with the underserved population
- Standing for long periods of time
- Carrying and lifting equipment and supplies up to 30 pounds
- Experience with EPIC
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Paid Time Off
- No Weekends
- 9 major holidays off
- Office closed Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day