After we give thanks and eat some turkey on Thanksgiving, shop the deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, there is a way give back to others that need our help – by participating in Giving Tuesday!
Giving Tuesday is a national movement that focuses on giving back to those in need. You are encouraged to support a cause (such as the NAFC) by donating, by volunteering your time and talents in your community, for example at your local Free or Charitable Clinic, and by sharing with others about the cause you care about!
There are many ways to participate in Giving Tuesday on December 1st; here are just a few examples:
- Send a donation to the NAFC to help us continue to Build a Healthy America, One Patient at a Time! Give now: https://54546.thankyou4caring.org/pages/GivingTuesday
- Volunteer at your local Free or Charitable Clinic. You can find a clinic near you by visiting www.nafcclinics.org and enter your location in the “Find a Clinic” feature on the homepage.
- Like the NAFC on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/NAFCClinics) and Follow us on Twitter and Instagram (@nafclinics)
- Spread the word! Share with your social media connections the NAFC Website (www.nafcclinics.org),
NAFC social media accounts or a link or information about your community Free or Charitable Clinic, and encourage others to also share the pages and to give back as well!
- Take an #UNselfie for the NAFC! Take a photo of yourself holding up your index finger, add the caption:
“Helping @nafclinics build a healthy America, ONE patient at a time! #GivingTuesday #UNselfie #Give4Health now: http://bit.ly/1MA0AfX”
Then tag the NAFC - @nafclinics and share on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter…
- Tweet about us!
You can use a few different hashtags along with #GivingTuesday, such as sharing why you #CARE and invite others to #Give4Health. Here are some sample tweets, feel free to personalize and make them your own!
- Its #GivingTuesday! Because I #CARE about access to healthcare, I donated to @NAFClinics, will you? #Give4Health www.nafcclinics.org
- I'm helping @NAFClinics build a healthy America, one patient at a time. This #GivingTuesday #Give4Health - http://bit.ly/1MA0AfX
- I #CARE by volunteering at my local charitable clinic. Support (INSERT CLINIC NAME OR TWITTER HANDLE HERE) this #GivingTuesday & #Give4Health
On behalf of our clinics, volunteers and patients, thank you for taking a moment to join us on #GivingTuesday and for giving back to those in need! Together we will continue working to build a healthy America, one patient at a time!