There is a day for giving thanks, a couple days for getting those good shopping deals, but what about a day to give back?
Now that Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are behind us, today we celebrate Giving Tuesday! Giving Tuesday is a national movement that focuses on giving back to those in need. You are encouraged to support a charity or non-profit, such as the NAFC, by donating, or by volunteering your time in your community, for example at your local Free or Charitable Clinic.
The NAFC urges you all to take a moment and think about how you might be able to give back. Giving Tuesday is also about spreading the word about causes and organizations that mean a lot to you. Are you a supporter of the NAFC? Do you volunteer at your local clinic? Share these stories of giving with your friends and family via social media, and encourage them to give back also and support your favorite cause.
There are many ways to be involved with Giving Tuesday; here are just a few examples:
- Send a donation to the NAFC to help us continue to build a healthy America, one patient at a time!
- Donate to your local Free or Charitable Clinic. You can find a clinic near you by visiting www.nafcclinics.org and enter your location in the “Find a Clinic” feature on the homepage.
- Volunteer at a local clinic – you can find the contact information by doing the same above, and simply contact your local clinic to see how you might be able to volunteer your time and talents.
- Spread the word! Share with your social media connections the NAFC Website – www.nafcclinics.org, the NAFC Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/NAFCClinics, or a link or information to your community Free or Charitable Clinic, and encourage others to give back as well!
- If you already support the NAFC or your local clinic, take a photo with a piece of paper that says why you give back, add the name and info of the organization or clinic, then tag it with #GivingTuesday and #unselfie. Share this on Facebook and Twitter.
On behalf of our clinics, volunteers and patients, thank you for taking the moment to give back.