There is a day for giving thanks, a couple days for getting those good shopping deals, but what about a day to give back?
Right after Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday comes a very important day – Giving Tuesday!! Giving Tuesday is a national movement that focuses on giving back to those in need. You are encouraged to support a charity or non-profit (such as the NAFC) by donating, or by volunteering your time and talents in your community, for example at your local Free or Charitable Clinic.
The NAFC urges you all to take a moment and think about how you might be able to give back and participate! Giving Tuesday is also about spreading the word about causes and organizations that mean a lot to you. Are you a supporter of the NAFC? Do you volunteer at your local clinic? Share these stories of giving with your friends and family via social media, and encourage them to give back as well and support your favorite cause.
There are many ways to be involved with Giving Tuesday; here are just a few examples:
- Send a donation to the NAFC to help us continue to Build a Healthy America, One Patient at a Time! Simply click on DONATE NOW above or CLICK HERE
- Donate to your local Free or Charitable Clinic. You can find a clinic near you by visiting www.nafcclinics.org and enter your location in the “Find a Clinic” feature on the homepage.
- Volunteer at a local clinic – you can find the contact information by doing the same above, and simply contact your local clinic to see how you might be able to volunteer your time and talents.
- Spread the word! Share with your social media connections the NAFC Website – www.nafcclinics.org, the NAFC Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/NAFCClinics, or a link or information to your community Free or Charitable Clinic, and encourage others to also share the pages and give back as well!
- Take an #UNselfie! If you already support or plan to support the NAFC or your local clinic, take a photo with a piece of paper that says why you give back, add the name and info of the organization or clinic, then tag it with #GivingTuesday #UNselfie and tag the organization (@nafclinics). Share this on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. You can even download an #UNselfie NAFC template HERE – simply print it out, write your message, snap a picture of you with the sign and share away!! Learn more with the UnSelfie Toolkit here!
- Tweet about us! You can use a couple different hashtags along with #GivingTuesday, such as sharing why you #CARE or what you are #thankful for that inspired you to give. Here are some sample tweets, feel free to personalize and make them your own!
#GivingTuesday I am #thankful for Free & Charitable Clinics for providing #care to the underserved. Please support @NAFClinics
#GivingTuesday! I support @NAFClinics because I #CARE about access to healthcare. I donated - will you? www.nafcclinics.org
- I am
#thankful for @NAFClinics work to build a healthy America one patient at a time. Support Free & Charitable Clinics this #GivingTuesday
- I am
#thankful for my health and #care about the uninsured. Support @nafcclinics this #GivingTuesday, I do! www.nafcclinics.org
#care by volunteering at my local charitable clinic. Show your support to @NAFClinics this #GivingTuesday by giving back!
Even our partners are getting involved. RxOutreach is giving back by providing scholarships to our 2015 annual conference. This is a great way of giving back to those who are working hard throughout the country to provide much needed care to the uninsured and underserved. We thank RxOutreach for their generous support of our organization and clinics!
On behalf of our clinics, volunteers and patients, thank you for taking the moment to join us on #GivingTuesday and for giving back to those in need!