GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past nine years, this idea has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity. At a time when we are all experiencing the pandemic, generosity is what brings people of all races, faiths, and political views together across the globe. Generosity gives everyone the power to make a positive change in the lives of others and is a fundamental value anyone can act on.
This GivingTuesday – December 1st – help the NAFC kick off our end of year giving campaign and help us reach our COVID-19 Response Fund Goal of $1.5 Million.
Free and Charitable Clinics and Pharmacies are on the frontlines of community health care and of the COVID-19 pandemic. Each year, 2 million people receive care from 1,400 Free and Charitable Clinics and Pharmacies throughout the country and their 207,000+ volunteers who give back and provide access to affordable health care.
Our members have been responding to the pandemic by providing patients with needed health care, medication and food, developing telehealth programs to keep connected while social distancing, doing COVID-19 screening and testing and more. All while reporting an increase in patient demand and a decrease in donations.
Here are a few ways that you can support the NAFC and Free and Charitable Clinics and Pharmacies this #GivingTuesday:
- Donate to the NAFC by visiting https://nafcclinics.networkforgood.com/projects/99378-covid19-nafc-donations-2020
- Start your own fundraiser for the NAFC on Facebook! It is easy to set up, simply visit: https://fb.com/fund/NAFCClinics/.
- Donate to your local Free or Charitable Clinic and/or learn about any volunteer opportunities in your community! You can find a clinic near you by visiting https://www.nafcclinics.org/find-clinic.
- Make a tax-deductible cryptocurrency donation by visiting https://www.nafcclinics.org/crypto.
- Follow the NAFC on social media! Then share our posts and encourage your friends and family to follow and donate:
This GivingTuesday, please help the NAFC ensure that our underserved neighbors are not forgotten during this difficult time and that our clinics get the help they need. Supporting Free and Charitable Clinics and Pharmacies means saving lives - this important work could not happen without you!