Volunteers in Medicine Seeking Dynamic, Passionate Leader for Executive Director Position
Volunteers in Medicine of Southern Nevada (VMSN) is a nonprofit health-care organization that operates two patient-centered medial homes. VMSN’s health-care model integrates medical and dental care, social and behavioral health services, patient education, counseling and classes – all under one roof. Meeting one-on-one with low-income, uninsured clients, we identify barriers to health and work to ensure clients receive comprehensive, quality care, thereby improving health-care access for the most vulnerable residents in our community. Our mission is to provide quality health care and support to those without access within a culture of caring.
The Executive Director is responsible for creating an atmosphere where staff and volunteers succeed in partnering and meeting the objectives of VMSN’s mission. S/he will accomplish this through leadership, management and growth of the organization’s revenue generating capacity as well the ongoing development of a high-level volunteer Board. Integral to this work is annual planning, budget development, implementation and execution of all activities, and evaluation of all program operations and events in partnership with VMSN’s Board of Directors. To accomplish this, the Executive Director will develop and sustain effective relationships with key volunteers and donors, working with the Philanthropic Director on major donor cultivation, while managing all VMSN staff, including all program, development, community engagement and administrative functions.
- Strategic thinker capable of integrating staff and volunteer ownership of dynamic programs with the institutional stability and long-term vision necessary to deliver quality programs.
- Must possess a Master’s degree, or 5 years of experience, or combined training and experience, in business, healthcare, public policy or nonprofit administration, or another related field.
- Significant leadership and management experience, preferably in the nonprofit industry.
- Experience supervising staff, project management, fundraising budgeting and reporting.
- Strong public relations, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in and with diverse communities.
- Must embody VMSN’s Culture of Caring.
Interested applicants should apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should send a cover letter that includes salary requirements and a resume.
No phone calls please.