GREATER KILLEEN COMMUNITY CLINIC
Position: Executive Director
Status: Full-time; salaried; exempt
Reports To: Board of Directors
Date: May 2019
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the Clinic’s mission;demonstrated leadership skills; excellent administrative and organizational skills; marketing and public speaking skills, proven fiscal management experience; excellent writing skills; grant writing experience; and the ability to successfully supervise paid and volunteer staff.
Areas of Responsibility
Key Responsibility Area: Management
- Ensures that Clinic goals, objectives and budgets are aligned with its mission and funding source requirements.
- Provides overall control of physical assets of the agency, including a current inventory.
- Plans, organizes, controls and evaluates administrative function of the organization.
- Negotiates and executes contracts and agreements for the organization as an agent of the board.
- Updates all policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Remains knowledgeable of current technology and ensures that it is effectively incorporated into the organization’s operation.
- Responsible for the routine maintenance of facilities,
Key Responsibility Area: Board Relations
- Keeps board informed on issues that affect the Clinic.
- Works with all board committees.
- Provides input for the annual strategic plan; creates and implements yearly action plan.
- Provides orientation of new board members.
- Prepares documents for Board of Director meetings.
- Attends and participates in Board of Director meetings.
- Submits reports of activities to the Board of Directors.
- Acts as the duly authorized representative of the Board.
Key Responsibility Area: Fiscal Operations
- Provides overall control and direction for all funding.
- Maintains relationships with funding sources.
- Prepares monthly financial reports and the annual budget.
- Ensures adequate system of control and financial accounting.
- Provides documentation for yearly audit and 990.
- Acts as the primary signatory on all checking accounts and CDs.
- Acts as signatory on contracts.
Key Responsibility Area: Public Relations/Community Relations
- Interprets the Clinic’s mission to diverse sectors of the community.
- Works collaboratively to increase Clinic resources and networks.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with other service agencies, community organizations, and businesses.
- Represents the Clinic on committees and boards.
- Ensures publication of newsletters and the annual report.
- Represents the organization in regional, state and national initiatives and associations.
Key Responsibility Area: Fund Raising
- Oversees the fund raising related to the Strategic Fund Raising Plan and the annual budgeted fund raising goals.
- Researches grant opportunities that fit with the organization’smission and strategic plan.
- Researches and writes grant applications supportive of the Clinic mission.
- Ensures all grant reporting deadlines are met.
Key Responsibility Area: Program
- Develops and implements services and programs that meetcommunity needs and that are addressed in the Clinic’sStrategic Plan.
- Evaluates services provided in relation to goals and objectives.
- Coordinates training opportunities with schools, colleges and universities in diverse career disciplines, to include career service learning.
Key Responsibility Area: Personnel
- Provides direct supervision of key staff and other administrative and program staff as determined appropriate.
- Approves employee hiring.
- Establishes and maintains salary schedules
- Hears and resolves employee complaints and grievances as necessary.
- Ensures that job descriptions are reviewed and updated at least every five years.
Key Responsibility Area: Volunteer Management
- Works with the Clinical Director and Medical Director in recruiting and retaining qualified medical volunteers.
- Plans and executes an annual volunteer recognition event.
- Provides overall direction to volunteer program.
- Evaluates effectiveness of volunteer program and initiates changes if needed or identified by the Board.
Performs other tasks as deemed necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to work with the Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers at all levels in a team-based environment that fosters cooperative staff relations and effective customer service skills.
Willingness and ability to work with other agencies, local government and the community.
Strong management and organizational skills.
Demonstrated ability in problem solving.
Excellent written communication skills.
Willingness to travel to various meetings and overnight conferences.
Ability to speak in public with diverse groups. Knowledgeable in grant making and grant writing.
Budget development and fiscal management experience. High energy, self-directed with a strong work ethic.
Ability to plan, implement and evaluate programs.
Education and Experience
BA or BS with an academic focus in management, business administration, health administration, or a closely related field.
Minimum of three to five years in management preferred; nonprofit experience preferred.
Proven success in grant writing and fund raising.
Demonstrated proficiency in board management and external customer relations.
This position will require work outside normal weekday business hours. It is a position that requires flexibility to administer and maintain services.
Sitting for extended periods of time Standing, bending or stooping
Lifting or exerting force of up to 25 pounds Reaching or stretching
Any interested applicants should email their resumes to Ross.email@example.com