Overview of the Organization:
The National Association of Free & Charitable Clinics (NAFC) was founded in 2001 by a group of grassroots medical providers and organizers who recognized that health care was not being provided at a local level to the working poor, uninsured and underinsured in our country in a way that was cost effective, accessible and affordable. The NAFC is working to ensure that the medically underserved have access to affordable quality health care and strives to be a national voice promoting quality health care for all.
The National Association of Free & Charitable Clinics (NAFC) is seeking a Communications Coordinator to join our small and dynamic team. This position is responsible for developing and implementing communication plans and materials including newsletters, email communications, press releases, website materials, social media posts and more.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with all staff members to develop and implement communication strategies addressing key constituencies (board members, clients, partner agencies, donors, volunteers, potential donors and volunteers, community supporters, funders and potential funders, local governments, national/regional media and others as appropriate).
- Executes communications to promote a positive public image among NAFC’s various audiences.
- Positions the NAFC as an identified expert in health care for the uninsured and medically underserved, through multiple communication channels such as radio, TV, newspaper, website, social media and internal and external communications.
- Writing press releases, building and maintaining customized media lists and tracking media coverage.
- Develop and manage organization-wide communications and marketing plan/calendar.
- Assist with writing, editing, designing and producing materials to create a cohesive message and look for all print and online communication vehicles, including, but not limited to the following: Newsletter; press kits; press releases; blog posts, email communications, social media posts; event invitations; brochures and information kits; various membership materials, corporate sponsorship documents, fundraising and donor/volunteer appeals and relations materials; and print and electronic media ads.
- Assisting with other general administrative support activities and tasks.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Requirements include a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in communications, marketing or project management
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at one; highly organized with strong attention to detail and a proactive approach to work; has an understanding of communications, public relations, social media and marketing principles and techniques
- Knowledge and proficiency with MAC systems, Network for Good, Adobe, Office 365, HTML and email design is preferred
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $48,000 - $51,000 annually including medical insurance, 10 vacation days, 12 sick leave days, retirement plan with 3% matching employer contributions.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA. The NAFC office is conveniently located across from the King Street Metro Station.
Application Process and Deadline:
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume and two writing/design samples to email@example.com. Please indicate “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.