HealthNet of Rock County provides medical, dental, vision, and behavioral health services to low-income, uninsured, and underinsured individuals of Rock County, WI. The clinics are located in Janesville, WI, which is 40 minutes from Madison, WI, and 1 hour from Milwaukee. HealthNet of Rock County is continuing to expand, with over 17 staff members and hundreds of volunteers. The organization is seeking a driven, motivated change-agent to fill its Director of Development position, and help the organization make a significant difference in the community it serves.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to CEO@healthnet-rock.org
POSITION: Director of Development
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
HOURS SCHEDULED: 40 hours per week (occasional overtime work)
- Oversight of HealthNet’s Fundraising Programs (25%)
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors
- Supervise end of the year giving campaigns, including but not limited to #GivingTuesday and End-of-the-Year Solicitation Letter
- Create a new, major giving program for HealthNet, to which stocks, estate planning, and large donations can be directed towards HealthNet of Rock County, Inc.
- Develop annual report to non-grant funders and other stakeholders
- Grant Writing and Reporting (25%)
- Working closely with the Executive Director in jointly writing & submitting approximately 20 grants per year for small-to-large amounts
- Developing a grants strategy to determine timing and appropriateness of grant submissions; create a linked grant calendar
- Write and submit timely and accurate reports to funders for reimbursement or to ensure future procurement of funds
- Strategic Program Development (25%)
- Work closely with the Executive Director in creating new, innovative programming or identifying strategic opportunities that can lead to better press coverage and increased revenue.
- Supervision of projects and project staff as it relates to grant-related activities (i.e. a program solely funded by a mini-grant).
- Assist the Executive Director in organizational development efforts and special projects.
- Event Planning and Management (25%)
- Serve as the administrative liaison to the Board of Director’s Marketing and Development Committee
- Coordinate three annual special events with the assistance of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, volunteers, and related-HealthNet staff
- Coordinate smaller fundraising events with the assistance of the Board of Directors and related-HealthNet staff as needed.
- Coordinate the yearly events and community calendar for HealthNet of Rock County, as well create fundraising timetables to be shared with the Marketing and Development Committee and the Executive Director, respectively.
- Candidate possessing a valid U.S. Driver’s License required
- Previous fundraising experience required
- Previous grant writing experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in areas related to the position (i.e. Communications, Marketing, Public Health, Political Science, etc.) preferred, not required
- Familiarity with fundraising databases and/or software preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite preferred
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Cultural competency and understanding the needs of diverse populations
- Organizational skills, including but not limited to, ability to multi-task and ability to adhere to deliverable deadlines.
- Salary is competitive with similar positions at non-profit organizations
- Health & dental benefits offered
- Work schedule flexibility offered